REACH Ministries builds relationships with youth and families with HIV/AIDS and other populations in need, in order to equip them for experiencing God's design, which is a lifetime of hope and purpose.
REACH Ministries was formed in 1996 as a nonprofit Christian organization to serve, through the love of Jesus, the communities from the deserts of the Southwest through the Pacific Northwestern states, providing respite for those affected by life-threatening illnesses and situations. Our primary focus is on suffering children and their families, those most harshly judged and isolated because they live with HV/AIDS.
Medical professionals from Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center of Seattle, Madigan Medical Army Hospital, Multi Care and various other health organizations, individuals and groups donate their time and talents to serve the children, families and the community in many ways. Some volunteers serve directly with the youth though our REACH Mentoring program and Northwest REACH camp, while others serve by providing education and support to our Gig Harbor High School REACH program, REACH Purdy Prison program, and outREACH, educational and psychosocial Progressive Units.
- REACH believes that everyone is valuable.
- REACH believes we are called to serve those stigmatized or marginalized by virtue of their illness and life situation.
- REACH believes in supporting and comforting the families and friends of persons with life threatening illnesses and in life-threatening situations.
- REACH believes we are called to offer companionship and comfort to those in the dying process.
- REACH believes that youth have a vital role in the service and leadership of this ministry.